operation 909

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I hate the Dentist!


So I finally went to the dentist today. I have had problems with my teeth for as long as I can remember but this time there is light at the end of the tunnel. I found a really good dentist who is willing to work with me, understands the reasonable fear that I have of dentists, oral examinations, PEOPLE PUTTING SHARP METAL OBJECTS IN MY MOUTH!, etc. They are going to give me a pill that makes me forget a whole day, only to do away with the anxieties that some patients (as strange as I am) have when getting dental work done. Wish I had a pill like that for days other than dental visits.

I can remember the crappy dentist that my sister and I had when we were growing up, and how terrible it was. I think thats where all of this comes from. I recall that he was a client of my dad's that was only doing the work to pay him back as his accountant in trade work. What an asshole! I must have only been 6 or 7 years old then. I remember getting my teeth cleaned and the lady being really rough. I have a really sensitive gag reflex, I can't even brush my tounge without almost vomiting every day. I ended up throwing up on this lady and all over myself because she wouldn't listen to me when I requested that she pull her fingers out of my throat as she cleaned my teeth. Instead she responded by calling me a baby and dumb kid, and smacked me on the head telling me to relax and grow up. Hello! I was a little boy. So screw her she got puked on! Makes me feel better about the situation but it still traumatized me. And of course when I came out having been crying and visibly upset my mother said thank you to the receptionist and told me to stop crying. Kids back then just had to cope I guess.

That was one of many bad situations. Later in life, our insurance was FHP(the Fatal Health Plan). They really fucked me up by pulling the wrong teeth, forgetting to fill teeth completely, and covering up cavities without removing decay. Thank you FHP. You guys sucked and I am glad you are out of business. I am just glad that I survived.

Now I am paying for the shitty work and the lack of even minimal care I recieved as a child and I am having more teeth removed, root canals, and gums treated. I have seen what he can do and he has promised he will help me no matter what. I wanted to break down when I heard that all this is covered by my insurance and I only will have to pay 348.00 out of pocket for thousands of dollars of work. I have to wait a couple of weeks, but he has actually talked to me, told me what will be taking place and made me feel good that this is all reversable and will be almost painless to do. It will all be worth it and I am looking forward to the new smile and no more pain
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home